Friday, March 12, 2010

I have an Addiction.

   Hi. My name is Amanda, and I'm addicted to the Internet.
{Internet World}- "HI AMANDA"
   I Don't  have a 'real' addiction though. It is just ingrained in my daily doings. Just as im sure it is a part of most of yours as well.
   If I'm at home, and not actually doing anything, i.e. cleaning, cooking, playing- Im at my computer. It's my 'default' setting if you will. my spot. Just like any other spot in a home. The couch, or kitchen chair. A recliner maybe. Mine is my computer chair. and why  not surf some of my favorite places while I'm here right? Just as any one might pick up a TV remote, and start surfing their favorite channels. It's no worse, no better. OK, maybe better-because I'm exposing my self to more educational material than the TV can. Plus-I'm doing a shit load more READING than your average couch potato. And at least I'm not letting useless info poor into my mind the way television does.
   So I've decided that from now on, I won't let it bother me when an uninformed family member/ignoramus tries to make me look bad or guilty about the amount of time i spend on the computer. Or if I talk about something I "must have gotten off 'My Internet'" like it isn't valid or ascertainable information. In my own opinion, the Internet has far more believable information than you local news station does.
   I'm done defending myself. And I'm forgiving myself ahead of time for maybe being curt with above mentioned people should i hear their remarks again anytime soon. *Winks*

Tell me internet. What's something you're done feeling guilty about?

No comments: