Friday, March 12, 2010

What Makes Her Happy

   Lately, my just-turned-4mo.-old is satisfied by nothing. Frustrating to say the least. I wear her most days at least once, so we can  be close. If she's having a tough day. But my schedule doesn't allow for it as often as i like. Like right now, she is very upset, and all i can do is hold her. Because we have to load up and go pick up her sister at school in 13 minutes.
   Even when she is hungry she is not happy to receive a bottle. Tired? No mere nap will do. She who rarely sleeps more than 30 minutes at a time. Toys? Seconds of pleasure before fussiness sets in.
   She seemed to have a schedule of her own, but now I am lost to her ways. Where once she slept through the night-waking once before the day begins-she now wakes almost every hour and has to be soothed back to sleep. Needing that middle-of-the-night-bottle long before she should, and wanting the day to begin before the sun because of it. I find myself pulling her into bed with myself just to get more than an hour of solid sleep.
   I'm sure it must just be a growth spurt. But it makes my heart ache. I am the one who makes her happy-but she is not.
   How does a mother reconcile with this-when it is her job? All I want is for my beautiful cheer filled baby to come back. Please let the cranky one return to her depths soon.

Oh yeah-and can you tell her to let me get in a shower now and then too?! I have to go out in public, and people are not seeing the real me anymore.

No comments: